Karma Yoga Program
Karma Yoga is one way to integrate our inner meditative work with our daily busy lives. Karma yoga helps us actualize the meaningful changes we are seeking. If you have a sincere interest in both practising dharma and learning how to bring your practice off the meditation cushion into your daily life the Karma Yoga Program at the Dharma Centre may be for you. If you can commit to at least one month, but up to a year or even more, then we'd love to hear from you.
The Karma Yoga program at The Dharma Centre is looking for an individual who want to
- Have time to develop your spiritual life
- Meditate in an supportive environment
- Be part of a growing community
- Learn skills in taking care of the property and facilities at the centre
- Utilize your own skills, whether they are cooking & kitchen work, gardening & yard work, or handyman work doing upkeep and repairs required
- Learn to support both individual and group meditation retreats.
General outline of skills you would learn:
- Help keep the retreat centre accessible and safe for visitors
- General housekeeping duties to keep the Centre comfortable
- Participate in continued beatification of the land and buildings
- Help prepare and maintain our large vegetable garden
- Take part in creating and maintaining our trail system and gardens
- Learn how to prepare delicious vegetarian meals for small and large groups of people
Inner work of the Karma Yoga
- Individualize guidance for your meditation practice
- Daily meditation practises with staff every evening to build on connection with each other
- Opportunity to participate in the on-going retreats and courses at the Centre while honouring your commitment to your Karma Yoga.
- Your own private room in a community house
- Three nutritious meals a day
- On-going guidance and support in developing skills
You will be asked to commit to:
- Participate in daily group meditation and weekly meetings to structure the next weeks work schedule
- Work four hours a day, usually in the morning after breakfast
- Be flexible in the karma yoga you offer daily
- Reasonable good health
- Ability to work in a group or team setting
- Flexibility and comfortable with change when unforeseen issues may arise
- Willing to jump in and help others, when things get busy
- A strong interest in dharma and meditation
If this sounds like it might be a right fit for you and where you are at in your life right now, but would like to hear more about the program or have any questions, please contact our administrator, Tracy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 (866) 266-0966, Monday to Friday between 9:00-4:00 pm.